Saturday, January 18, 2014

First assignment for FDREL 212

I read the sections and did a little research into customs of the time, and gave my wife a brief overview of what happened in the first few chapters of Acts. My lesson was kind of rushed, and not all that important, but my wife asked a question which sparked an important lesson for me.
She asked, “If the church was growing so quickly, and with such strength, how did it come to end?”
I told her that I thought that the church may have grown too quickly and too much. That the Apostles didn’t have enough time and ability to hold the church together, that on top of the fact that they were always busy being imprisoned and killed. It was hard to get enough leadership to keep true doctrine flowing.
She said, “but that can’t happen now because we have the ability to communicate so well across the globe.”

God has blessed us with increases in technology as part of the fulfillment of his promise that “no unhallowed hand can stop the work of the Lord.” God loves us so much he has given us prophets and apostles, and has given them a voice that can be heard on every climb.
My wife is so smart. And, for the record, she did not make me write that.
219 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment